National Electrical Safety Campaign

Chester Record

With fire engine Chester Community Fire Station. Source: Tracey Lok

CHESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service were advising people to use electrical items safely in a bid to help raise awareness of the dangers caused by faulty or careless use of electrical appliances.

Every year in November the national campaign for Electrical Fire Safety is supported by the Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service and this year was no exception.

In Chester, 59 per cent of the total accidental dwelling fires were caused by appliances with electric main source of power from April 2013 to March 2014 and according to government statistics two thirds of fire fatalities occurred in the home during the same period.

Keith Brookes, Head of Fire Prevention at Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters have attended a number of house fires recently involving electrical goods, which could all have been prevented.

Using phone and e-cigarette chargers correctly and making sure that they are only charged…

View original post 368 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s